C & C Marine is ideally located at mile 4.0 on the Algiers Canal (Gulf Intracoastal Waterway – GIWW) minutes from downtown New Orleans, Louisiana. This close proximity to both the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico enables C&C Marine to perform both brown water and blue water projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
C&C Marine utilizes a total of seven (7) enclosed fabrication bays, totaling over 230,000 square feet, situated throughout its 30-acre facility. Pre-fabrication activities, such as material processing, part cutting, plate forming, fitting and panel welding, are performed in three of the fabrication bays, while the remaining four bays are reserved for vessel fabrication and assembly. All fabrication bays are equipped with overhead cranes, with capacities ranging from 10-tons to 50-tons. The vast size of the buildings enables C & C Marine to complete entire barge and vessel projects within the confines of the covered shop area. To date, C&C Marine has been able to fabricate vessels as wide as 120-ft, with most projects performed completely indoors.
Additionally, C&C Marine has the capabilities to simultaneously complete numerous barge repair projects, both on land and through the use of three (3) dry docks moored along 1,400-ft of water-front bulkheads.
To perform these projects, C&C Marine utilizes a wide array of high-tech equipment, making its capabilities virtually limitless. Such equipment includes the following:
- Three (3) dry docks with lifting capacities ranging between 900 – 3,600 tons
- Five (5) crawler cranes capable of performing lifts weighing between 100 – 250 tons
- Two (2) KAMAG hydraulic transporters, each with a 300 ton payload
- 40-ft wide panel line with Lincoln Electric/Ogden Welding Systems automatic seam welder and automatic dart welders
- Two (2) Messer NC plasma cutting tables
- Pacific Press Fabri-K Series press brake (45-ft wide)
- Vernon Tool Co. pipe cutting machine
- HE&M Saw, Inc. band saw
- GEKA Hydracrop 110/A iron worker