C&C Marine and Repair is ideally located at mile 4.0 on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (Algiers Canal) minutes from downtown New Orleans, Louisiana. This proximity to both the Mississippi River and Gulf of Mexico enables C&C Marine and Repair to execute both brown water and blue water projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
C&C Marine utilizes a total of nine (9) enclosed production and fabrication bays, totaling over 500,000 square feet. The entire fabrication yard sits on over 80 acres with 3,200 linear feet of continuous waterfrontage along the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway. Three of the covered bays are dedicated to pre-fabrication activities, such as material processing, part cutting, plate forming, pipe cutting, pipe spool fabrication, and panel welding; there are two (2) dedicated bays for C&C Marine’s new Robotic Blasting and Paint facility; and the remaining bays are reserved for vessel and barge fabrication and assembly. All fabrication bays are equipped with overhead gantry cranes, with lifting capabilities ranging from 10-tons to 50-tons. The vast size of the fabrication bays enables C&C Marine to fabricate vessels as wide as 120-ft. by 320-ft. long almost entirely within the confines of the covered shop area.
The advanced shipbuilding equipment at C&C Marine and Repair allows for limitless capabilities. Such equipment includes:
- Two (2) dry docks with lifting capabilities ranging between 3,000-3,750 tons.
- Nine (9) crawler cranes capable of performing lifts weighing between 100-250 tons.
- Six (6) KAMAG hydraulic transporters, with a combined payload of 2,250 tons.
- Panel line with Lincoln Electric/Ogden welding system automatic seam welder and automatic dart welder, which allows for fabrication of panels 40’ x 100’
- Two (2) Messer NC Plasma cutting tables (100-ft. long end).
- 45-ft wide Pacific Press Break (2,000 ton).
- Vernon Tool Co. computerized pipe cutting machine.
- HE&M Saw automatic band saw.
- GEKA Hydracrop 110 ton Iron Worker.
- Computerized Pipe Welding Machines
- Viking Automatic Pipe Blasting Machine
- Viking Automatic Pipe Fitting Blasting Machine